Makes approximately one pint of hummus
- 1 – 6 oz bag Mendocino Sprouts garbanzo bean sprouts
- 2 generous TB raw organic sesame tahini
- 2 lemons juiced
- 5- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a blender and purree.
Add water by the tablespoon to achieve a creamier consistency.
Serve on pita wedges with a drizzle of olive oil.
Garbanzo bean sprout hummus is also great as a sandwich spread and a dip.
Optional serving ideas:
- For a spicy hummus sprinkle with : Hot Hungarian paprika or Cayenne or drizzle with some chili infused olive oil.
- Sprinkle with zataar, toasted pine nuts and drizzle with olive oil .