Makes 4 dinner salads or 8 side salads.
Boil 1/2 lb. Rotini (short spiral pasta, sometimes called fusili) in salted water until tender, 10- 12 minutes.
Rinse cooked rotini in cold water 3 or 4 times.
Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- 2 cups sprouted lentils
- 1 cup sprouted adzuki beans
- 1/2 to 1 cup fenugreek sprouts
- 1 large carrot – Grated
- 1 medium sized red onion – Finely diced
- 1/3 sweet red bell pepper – Julienned
- 1/2 cup kalamata or ripe olives – Sliced
- 1 or 2 large broccoli flowerettes – Cut into very small pieces
- 1 cup cucumber – Diced, peeled and seeded (optional)
- 1 cup celery – Diced (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup dried wakame or sea palm or kelp or other Seaweed Flakes (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of parsley, or cilantro, or anise leaf – Finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 cup jicama – Diced (optional)
Note: Use organic vegetables whenever possible.
Dress with 1/3 cup of your favorite vinaigrette or Itallian Dressing
Refrigerate untill ready to serve. Before serving, garnish with daikon radish sprouts and sunflower sprouts.